The Logistics Quoting System is a custom built ASP.NET web application built to enter and manage quotes, group quotes under a “master” quote parent, track quote statuses, provide templates for quicker data entry / quote creation and provide reports on quoting activity. This quoting system is currently used in many offices across four different countries: Canada, USA, France, and Belgium.
The need for this system arose from a company working mainly in excel spreadsheets to organize rates and charges, calculate totals, and perform currency exchange operations. Delivery of quotes to clients lacked a uniform look and feel without a centralized system to output the information. Now the entry, management, reporting, and delivery all follow a uniform flow, and the final quote PDF output matches the company brand no matter which office is using the system.
Since initial release of the system many new features have been added; a benefit of having ipursuit build a custom application. One of our latest changes to come include a client version of the site where customers can visit to view their quotes online, update statuses, accept or reject quotes, request revisions, and print out a PDF copy of the quotes as desired.
- Quick sales quote entry
- Quoting templates designed for specific customers, quote types, or modes of transportation
- Dynamic disclaimers added automatically based on quote information (i.e. hazardous materials, insurance, etc.)
- Currency exchange rates and multiple currency quoting
- Search and reporting functionality
- Customer database lookup
- Email notification systems
- User maintenance
- User permissions and branch access security functions
- Quote PDF output